My 10 Favorite Books of 2011

1:54 PM

10. This was my first time to read Emma.  It was a Jane Austen book, and of course it was wonderful!



9. After reading another series by the same author (see further up the list)  I read this one.  Wow.  It was so different, yet had the same, wonderful morals and godly characters that I loved about the other series.  I think Linda Chaikin is my #1 favorite author for the year.



8. I usually don't like romance unless it is in an adventurous setting, However, Martha Rogers did such a wonderful story of love, redemption, and godly character that this book made my top 10 of 2011.



7. A Novel Idea is a wonderful book for christian writers.  Even though I haven't read all the way through the book yet, I am enjoying having it around.



6. For my birthday my siblings gave me Decision Points.  It was so fun to read.  I never agreed with all his decisions (many/most but not all), however, I came away from this book admiring him even more.



5. My fifth favorite book of the year is a book my dear friend Jessica wrote, but is still working on.  I know my readers will love Thomas and Erik and the rest when their story becomes available

4. For my birthday my mom bought me Lady Carliss.  I love all the Chuck Black books, but this one has to be one of my favorites!  Lady Carliss and I are so much alike.



3. I read this series early this year and I knew that I had found a new author.  Her characters were wonderful, godly, and I love her style of writing. The Heart of India series is a wonderful read!




2. My second favorite book this year is a book that is not available to the public yet.  Thank you Rachelle for sharing your story with me..  I can't wait for the rest of the world to meet Elizabeth.

1. My favorite book/series of 2011 was, hands down the Charity's Diary series (read my reviews here)

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Those all sound great, Sarah! I've found a few more authors I want to check out from this list... :)

    No fair!!! I want to read Jessica and Rachelle's books! *sigh...*

    I need to finish Lissie. Maybe then they'd consent to a trade! *mischeivous grin*

    Hugs,
    Julia

    P.s.
    Thanks for your blog comments! And I had a lovely time chatting with you this week! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha! You'll get to read it this year I hope, Julia. Finishing editing it and getting it out to my editing team (you included) is on my list of goals for 2012. Yeah, I want to read Rachelle's book too! ;)

    Sarah- I can't believe you put me in your list of favorite books read this year. I only hope that it can become even more of a favorite after it's done being edited.

    Love and Hugs!
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Sarah, it's amazing that you like my "Charity" books enough to pop them #1 in your list! I'm really honoured. I'm intrigued by some of the other books on your list too - excuse me if I go and look them up on Amazon ... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh! What a lovely list of favorites. Sadly, I'll have to admit that I've never read one of these, but they sound quite good. I am eager to read both Jessica and Rachelle's books... I've only heard "tidbits" about each of their writings. And also, you now have me quite interested in this Linda Chaikin. I'll have to look up her books. =)

    Great list! And thanks for linking up on Sharing Our Bookshelves!
    Blessings,
    ~ Tarissa
    { In the Bookcase }

    ReplyDelete