Dealing with Anxiety

3:32 PM



I have issues. I know it will come as no surprise to those who know me, or to those who have read this blog for any length of time. However, one thing you may not know about me is I suffer on occasion from anxiety attacks. Not really bad ones, I can still live my life still and I don't need medicine, but I have them.  Despite what some people would have you believe, praying doesn't always cure it. It helps, but sometimes more is needed. Here are a few tips I have learned on dealing with anxiety.

1. Talk with someone you trust, someone who will just listen and not scold. Often fears will lessen when we speak them aloud, no matter how silly they are. And people who will listen and comfort you are the best to tell them too

2. Avoid food that might agitate you (i.e. caffeine, sugar, ect.)

3. Spend sometime out doors and as close to nature as you can get. You will be amazed at how much this helps.

4. Spend time being goofy with friends or family.

5. Avoid emotional/exciting books, music and movies. They can agitate you further.

6. Read your Bible.

7. Pray, even though it isn't a cure, it does help.

8. Drink calming tea before bed.

9. Read a calming book or listen to calming music.

10. Remind yourself that God has everything handled and loves you dearly




You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I don't know if this news will help at all, but you should know that you're not alone. Every girl I have talked to has had episodes of anxiety attacks, mostly in their teens. I know I had them really badly (I've since more or less got over them; I am in my early twenties now). While I am not medically inclined, my guess is that girls particularly are prone to these sorts of bouts in their teen years and that, while difficult, sometimes almost unbearable, there isn't anything wrong with you.

    I hope that helps. Everything you mentioned I've found to help as well. Just wanted you to know you're not alone. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jenny. It is always nice to know you are not alone.

    ReplyDelete